Sunday, September 10, 2006

About Me!

Hello! I am the newest contributor to Wax n Wane, otherwise known as the guest correspondent from Singapore. My current favourite game is WCpool on my handphone. Every day, if I get too bored at work, I will hideout in the loo and play a few games to de-stress.

I am a sales exec by day, a MLM-er by night. Tues, I have to learn salsa and Wed, I have to go for lessons on business management which my uncle signed me up for. Sometimes I feel so tired because I have so many things to do. But I believe that one should always make full use of their youth and time to achieve as much as possible.

I am competitive and hate to lose. I am also very confident about my abilities, and sometimes come across as elitist and arrogant, although most people just think that I am a silly happy person. I can be very quick tempered and my face is like an open book, which means that diplomacy is not exactly my strong suit. I can be mean and sarcastic and make the most insulting remarks to people I dislike, but I make a very good friend to people I like. :)

I am very impatient and hate waiting and queues of any kind. I hate making small talk and answering boring questions. I love spending time chatting with friends and playing games, and I really want to play bridge competitively one day instead of playing mahjong, if only I can find the kakis.

I have two favourite quotes which have influenced me a lot in the way I think, and the way I lead my life...

- It is not the critic who counts, not he who points out where the strong man stumbles, and how the do-er of deeds could had done better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and dirt and sweat, whom if he succeeds, know the triumph of high victory, and should he fail, at least fail while daring greatly, so that he shall never be with those cold and timid souls, who knew neither victory nor defeat
--- Theodore Roosevelt


- Whatever kindness that I can do or show, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall only pass by this way once.


Having typed so much, it was nice to be writing something, something that I had abstained from for so long after being paranoid that I was revealing too much of myself on my previous blogs and being uncomfortable with the idea. Thanks to Pronaz who suggested that I should contribute here. Looking forward to knowing more about the fellow contributors.. heh heh :)

4 comments:

pronaz said...

Ah you are most welcome, monmo... oops!

dane said...

welcome to wax 'n' wane. hope to see more interesting entries from you rather than just doctored pics from pronaz! =)

pastamaniac said...

hi dane! thanks for the welcome. Just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog. heh heh :)

jennesis said...

Oh I love spaghetti! and macaroni and cheese. YUMMY! Pastamaniac most definitely is welcome.

Post a Comment