Monday, September 11, 2006

This Day In History

Hey folks, this being my first post, I was trying to come up with something smart or witty. Then I saw the date and realized the significance of the day.

On this day 5 years ago, 2,973 perished through some selfish grand plan. Destruction paved way for what we came to know now as the "War on Terror". I was out at some mamak - while a friend was crying about being dumped earlier that day, everyone else was shocked what was happening on the mamak TV. Not too long after that, my first blog was born.

On this day 4 years ago, I saved my 51st blog entry. As the War on Terror picked up pace, so had residency on the blogosphere. Instead of mamak, I could now catch the latest soap opera and high drama among my friends unfold on their respective blogs and friendster messages. I also learned - don't laugh - how to upload photos onto my blog :P

On this day 3 years ago, my blog was at its peak. If expressing your feelings openly was therapeutic, try reading it after a year or two. While more and more people chose blogging as an avenue of uncensored expression, I began to question my sanity to publish one. At the mean time, the whole world questioned the sanity of a second Gulf War, in the name of vanquising terror.

On this day 2 years ago, as the world mourned for the dead in Madrid, I contemplated the fate of my blog. It was virtually dead. Not that I didn't have anything to say, but the problem was, I was expressing to an audience who had since went from demanding to intrusive. My way of life had become the subject of critique and validation. It finally dawned on me that maybe, my blog was a lost cause. Kinda like the War on Terror - yeah yeah we all heard that before.

On this day a year ago, the body count increased steadily. From Iraq to London, things seemed all too eeriely familiar - what happened to all the efforts so valiantly put forward by the leaders of the world? Haven't we talked about this last year, or the year before, or the year before that? You can only brainwash someone for so long with the same old headlines. Or maybe we all just need better distractions. Hmm what is my blogger password again....?

So here I am. Back to where it all started. This is officially my 3rd foray into blogging. As they say -third time's a charm. I have a bad habit - I either don't write, or I can't stop writing. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something smart and wnw-worthy.

Remember Sept 11, not for whatever you read or see in the news, but for all those who lost their lives so unnecessarily.

2 comments:

pastamaniac said...

Hi pesky, welcome. :)

Pesky said...

thanks, lihai pasta! :)

Post a Comment